FA Community Gifts

The time has started for gathering goodies for the gift giving that starts in October.....Here is the link to read about it.

Forum Directory

Main Cell

button  Asylum TOS

button  Gallery How To's

button  Forum Hints

The Solarium

button  Our Gallery

button  Sponsors Showcase

button  Contact Us

button  Header Art

button  Anime and Manga

Poser Ward

button  News and Updates

button  Q & A

button  Tutorials

Conservatory

button  AtticFreezone

button  Aelin's Fantastic Finds

Contests Wing

button

Contest Info

button  Monthly Contests

button  Weekly Contests

Connect With Us!

button  Banner Exchange

Annual Community Gifts

button  Halloween 2018

button  Christmas 2018

Twitter  |  FaceBookDeviantArt |  Pinterest

Voting Booth

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2019 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2019 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 1000 Votes 5000 Votes

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Winter

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW
my goldfish © CardinalBiggles

TOTW

Golden Fox Final © Noshoba

Toon It

Walk with friends in the Far West © earwenM

Monthly Winners

May COTM Winner

Flowers and Friends © Mtdana

Contest Information!

Album is HERE

Winners announced HERE

NEW!!

JUNE 2019 Challenge of the Month (COTM)

THINK STONE
Contest Ends on June 30th, 2019

Album is Here

~Weekly Competitions~

~NEW~ TOON IT

Weekly Contest Sponsors

Our Weekly Contests are SAOTW and TOTW each gets a $15.00 gift card from Daz3D

DAZ3D

"Toon It" Weekly Contest

Gets to choose a $15.00 gift card from Daz3d OR 2 items from our Sponsor Showcase

Sponsor Showcase

Our monthly "Challenge Of The Month (COTM)" winner gets a $15.00 prize from Daz3d

Site Skins!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2019, 09:22:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 307212
  • Total Topics: 15210
  • Online Today: 254
  • Online Ever: 526
  • (November 04, 2018, 06:34:33 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Partnered Sale

has an offer for you!  You get 10% off any order -- valid until December 31, 2019
 ... use this coupon code: FAC1019

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Welcome and do follow me.

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders.

This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each others company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh. Especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

The usual suspects © Dreamer

Author Topic: 2019 Coffee Shop and Gardens  (Read 58295 times)

M-Callahan, parkdalegardener, rrkknight3 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Reckoning Force
Re: 2019 Coffee Shop and Gardens
« Reply #4250 on: April 17, 2019, 07:24:46 AM »
yes it was  a great comment  it is 

Online parkdalegardener

• Root Master
  • High Roller
« Reply #4251 on: April 17, 2019, 08:32:50 AM »
Good morning, ladies and gents.
 :java:

Just for those that don't know:

420 started somewhere in San Rafael, California in the late '70s. It started as the police code for Marijuana Smoking in Progress. After local heads heard of the police call, they started using the expression 420 when referring to herb.

The term was even added to the Oxford English Dictionary, used to refer to the "act of smoking marijuana."

I thought it a most excellent comment!
 :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :Hi5:

The plant in the avatar is in your honour. The shirt is the one mentioned to Agent in another thread and the glasses are for my old and dimming vision. Transitions lenses instead of separate scripted sunglasses I used to wear. Minor changes to reflect the I have a shiny new Attic name, and that I do indeed; still have a few brain cells left to remember the conversations I've been involved in.

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • LabRats
  • Working It
  • "Master of the Lab" I don't bite, but my pets do!
    • ShareCG Page
« Reply #4252 on: April 17, 2019, 09:11:57 AM »
I thank you, my friend. I'll be the first to admit that I don't remember what I did yesterday, much less all the conversations I've had lately.

My brain never shuts up and causes me to forget things. My inner child is rabid, and the voices in my head are insane!
 :toast:

Characters/Props for Poser & Game Engines.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #4253 on: April 17, 2019, 10:06:30 AM »
Good morning, ladies and gents.
 :java:

Just for those that don't know:

420 started somewhere in San Rafael, California in the late '70s. It started as the police code for Marijuana Smoking in Progress. After local heads heard of the police call, they started using the expression 420 when referring to herb.

The term was even added to the Oxford English Dictionary, used to refer to the "act of smoking marijuana."

I thought it a most excellent comment!
 :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :Hi5:

Just for those that don't know........

https://www.420magazine.com/420-featured-articles/the-true-origin-of-420-setting-the-record-straight/

This is the real deal here.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #4254 on: April 17, 2019, 10:50:25 AM »
Good morning guys!That's possible, I don't remember that part with Antoine-Charles but I have always my notes somewhere.

Yes, Pieta is always there. We have learn also the rooster on the steeple wasn't melted when the spire burnt; in fact it's just battered. Pretty surprising like it was with the fire all the long. It contains relics of St-Denis and Ste-Geneviève.
Big organ was reached by debris and suffered also from heat, but nothing they can't fix. That was said one of permanent organists.

Renovations hadn't yet started, and that was said by the architect in chief. They were only putting the scaffoldings, and he said there was nothing to put the fire. Special scaffoldings, no authorization for things with fire. No rags inside the attic of the cathedral. And the electricity is very well done; it's the same than for cathedral of Strasbourg, with possibility to cut electricity in areas with renovations.

Now we haven't kind of oaks of the size they had for the woodwork when Notre-Dame was created. They used oaks from 300 to 400 years :shrug: And the wood wasn't shown to public like it was between roof and vault.
There are rules of security, companies are taken because they have past in the restaurations of previous buildings (often Strasbourg, Reims, Chartres...).
Concerning security. We are under high level of risk with terrorism... but except some militaries on the parvis when you have tourists, you haven't really security around cathedrals, churches, or other monuments. That's the reality. I think only Louvres and Eiffel Tower have enough and regular security around, but that's because they have money for.

I have my notes on Antoine-Charles but my search didn't turn up anything on St. Denis. It seems to me to have something to do with the fact of the dysentery plague at the time, and some article about THAT. St. Denis was nearer the mouth of the Seine and there was a hospital set up there for people, so they didn't have to take them further into the city, infecting more people. I don't know...maybe I hallucinated it. But it's not something my mind would choose to make up. :shrug: 

Yes, I've been hearing that much is fixable and some things had been removed because of the restoration. Whew. I saw the Rose Window and all the thin ones below it are still in-tact. I thought somewhere in there I did see what was apparently another Rose Window with all the glass gone. I thought it was the big entrance one. Relieved it's not.

Last I heard almost $800 M dollars has been donated to it's repair. It's likely more by now.

Good morning :sunny:

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #4255 on: April 17, 2019, 10:57:41 AM »
Good morning to you all. Have a wonderful day. :spring:

Offline Agent0013

• Agent Double-0-Hiccup
  • Attic Icon
  • Keep Looking Up!
« Reply #4256 on: April 17, 2019, 11:01:07 AM »
The plant in the avatar is in your honour. The shirt is the one mentioned to Agent in another thread and the glasses are for my old and dimming vision. Transitions lenses instead of separate scripted sunglasses I used to wear. Minor changes to reflect the I have a shiny new Attic name, and that I do indeed; still have a few brain cells left to remember the conversations I've been involved in.
I honestly cannot recall that conversation. Could you remind me, please? That is a nice shirt on your new avatar, but I am foggy on the details of your mentioning it to me.
DAZ Studio, Bryce, Poser, Wings 3D, Howler, Blender, PSP, Hexagon, MSO PowerPoint & Word, just a few of the programs I use.
:i-beback:

Online Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #4257 on: April 17, 2019, 11:16:18 AM »

I have my notes on Antoine-Charles but my search didn't turn up anything on St. Denis. It seems to me to have something to do with the fact of the dysentery plague at the time, and some article about THAT. St. Denis was nearer the mouth of the Seine and there was a hospital set up there for people, so they didn't have to take them further into the city, infecting more people. I don't know...maybe I hallucinated it. But it's not something my mind would choose to make up. :shrug: 

Yes, I've been hearing that much is fixable and some things had been removed because of the restoration. Whew. I saw the Rose Window and all the thin ones below it are still in-tact. I thought somewhere in there I did see what was apparently another Rose Window with all the glass gone. I thought it was the big entrance one. Relieved it's not.

Last I heard almost $800 M dollars has been donated to it's repair. It's likely more by now.

Good morning :sunny:
In fact there are many Saint-Denis in France, several dozens. The main with the basilic is in département of Seine-Saint-Denis (yeah I know, not really searched name :shrug: ), and yes the Seine passes inside the town. But that Saint-Denis isn't at the mouth of the Seine itself.
For example, you have - in Seine-Maritime (another département) - Saint-Denis-sur-Scie (that name because it's on the river Scie). It's not on the coast, but it's not far away.
You find all Saint-Denis by there https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Denis#France I even didn't know we had one in my area.

Last week there were several statues from roof which were taken for restoration indeed. They are département of Dordogne I think.
Yes, last number I heard was €800M, which is a little more than is dollars but not so much nowadays. Most of donations are by millionaires and billionaires. They can deduct like that many from their next taxes and that isn't in taste of few people, but hey! At least they are doing something for the country. And most of time they have their money is other countries and pay very few or nothing in France, so that won't change with their donations. They prove they like a minimum history of the country like that.

No, the more known rose window is on the side of the main door, and firemen sent by there Colossus, a robot to help to send a bit of water inside without risks for themselves; so probably the temperature wasn't as hot as in background around the altar.
Yet, one old rose window (that one or another) lost some parts because of the molten lead.

Online Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #4258 on: April 17, 2019, 11:50:40 AM »
Guys, I try to pass on Daz3D site everyday to see what they have on sale. Today they have a flash sale, $1.99 on more than 120 products (around 150 if I'm correct). Most are for DS4 users; but you have also for Poser users. And you can have on them a reduce of 10%; I had it.
In addition, look the freebies for Platinum members, because if you buy something you can take for free "Children Outdoor Playground" (DS4 format).

So that's a part of a prize I well used, even if packs weren't on my wishlist  :yesway: I discovered the 4 I took only today in fact.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #4259 on: April 17, 2019, 12:46:33 PM »
In fact there are many Saint-Denis in France, several dozens. The main with the basilic is in département of Seine-Saint-Denis (yeah I know, not really searched name :shrug: ), and yes the Seine passes inside the town. But that Saint-Denis isn't at the mouth of the Seine itself.
For example, you have - in Seine-Maritime (another département) - Saint-Denis-sur-Scie (that name because it's on the river Scie). It's not on the coast, but it's not far away.
You find all Saint-Denis by there https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Denis#France I even didn't know we had one in my area.

Last week there were several statues from roof which were taken for restoration indeed. They are département of Dordogne I think.
Yes, last number I heard was €800M, which is a little more than is dollars but not so much nowadays. Most of donations are by millionaires and billionaires. They can deduct like that many from their next taxes and that isn't in taste of few people, but hey! At least they are doing something for the country. And most of time they have their money is other countries and pay very few or nothing in France, so that won't change with their donations. They prove they like a minimum history of the country like that.

No, the more known rose window is on the side of the main door, and firemen sent by there Colossus, a robot to help to send a bit of water inside without risks for themselves; so probably the temperature wasn't as hot as in background around the altar.
Yet, one old rose window (that one or another) lost some parts because of the molten lead.

Goodness, there certainly are a lot of them!

Ah, must be the one back by the altar that I saw. Didn't even think about the lead. Euwww, the melting. Sad.

Poser and Daz

Click images to go to SmithMicro and Daz to read all about the programs.

Poser Pro got even better this year.

They have made it easier on content creators by integrating Poser Pro Game Dev into Poser Pro 11.

Now the content creators can create for runtimes and games with only one program!

Poser 11PoserPro 11 Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg