FA Community Gifts

The time has started for gathering goodies for the gift giving that starts in October.....Here is the link to read about it.

Gathered so far 8 gifts.
Participants
Aelin -- Both
sidherose -- Hallow
Agent0013 -- Both
CathyY -- Both
Dreamer -- Both
Llola ane -- Both
M-Callahan -- Both
ali_sen -- Hallow
MilosGulan -- Hallow
Noshoba -- Both

OFW -- Both
Napalmarsenal -- Hallow
Carolann -- Hallow

Forum Directory

Voting Booth

Voting Booth

Click image to go cast your vote,
 then go
 here
===> 2019 voting thread!
to post it in the forum!

Award Info

Votes Need --- Award

10,000 -- Platinum Award
     5,000 --- Gold Award
     2,500 --- Silver Award
     1,000 --- Bronze Award
        300 --- Pewter Award
        100 --- Copper Award

2019 Voting Awards

100 Votes 300 Votes 1000 Votes 1000 Votes 5000 Votes 5000 Votes

Donations

We have many special projects and every now and then a Special Cause that requires your generous help.

There are times when we do a collection to help a member in need of assistance and all those proceeds go directly to that member.

All donations of what ever size are WELCOME.

Thank you.

Featured Art

Winter

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW
In the Air Tonight © Loligagger

TOTW

Iryna Tkach © Scouseaphrenia

Toon It

In Flight © Carolann

Monthly Winners

August COTM Winner

Layla with Hat Trick © Sidherose

Contest Information!

~Monthly Competitions~

September CONTEST 

Elient ~ 12th Annual Magical School Daze ~ Fantasy High ~ Sept 2019 Contest ~  

Album Located HERE

Eleasis ~ Highsun~ and the ~ Eyes are the windows to the Soul ~  August 2019 Contest
Winners have been announced.
DETAILS HERE

~ September 2019 Challenge of the Month (COTM)~

"The Hour of the Nurse"

Details are HERE

Album located HERE

~Weekly Competitions~

Weekly Contest Sponsors

Sponsor Showcase

Our monthly "Challenge Of The Month (COTM)" winner gets a surprise sponsor each month

Site Skins!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2019, 12:52:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 314182
  • Total Topics: 15666
  • Online Today: 302
  • Online Ever: 526
  • (November 04, 2018, 06:34:33 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Partnered Sale

has an offer for you!  You get 10% off any order -- valid until December 31, 2019
 ... use this coupon code: FAC1019

Tell you friends about this offer too so all can save.

Welcome and do follow me.

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders.

This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each others company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh. Especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

The usual suspects © Dreamer

Author Topic: 2019 Coffee Shop and Gardens  (Read 107473 times)

Noshoba and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: 2019 Coffee Shop and Gardens
« Reply #1570 on: February 12, 2019, 09:42:54 AM »
Takes me back.  Elders riding herd on all us little ones with their story telling.   Sometimes they told them with sounds too.  Often bird calls.   I recall some of the singing was in the elders languages, which we younguns weren't allowed.  It was the world we lived in.  Everyone else was dead.   But not all things of those now gone, died with them.   I appreciate Olena telling the world of her culture!   Thanks for this, Rayvn!

You're most welcome McG. I'm glad you liked it and it brought back a memory or two for you. :smiley:

Lol...I can imagine sitting around a fire listening to someone telling a story and she's back off in the woods howling like a wolf or some bird sounds. It could get exciting - LOL.

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1571 on: February 12, 2019, 09:47:39 AM »
Good morning to all and have a great day. Are we looking for this one yet??  :spring:

That's quite the prehistoric looking Dust Bunny eater, Agent.

Hmmmm, are there prehistoric Dust Bunnies? Don't know that I've seen a fossil of one.

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • LabRats
  • Working It
« Reply #1572 on: February 12, 2019, 10:32:34 AM »
Me thinks me smells something in the air.
 :iminnocent:

:tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • Hump-te-dump-te-DUM-dum-dum-dum!
« Reply #1573 on: February 12, 2019, 10:37:25 AM »
nature's clean up crew  without them we would have a stinking  mess on our hands and they are good looking birds except for their bald head

They are a good looking bird true!  So is the Black Vulture.   Mostly we called them Buzzards and Vultures.   Both are BIG birds, big wings they can lock for just soaring the wind currents.    Be nice to get pics of some on the ground, standing next to a human maybe.  Just to get an idea of how big BIG is with them.  :)

McG. :grave: :java:

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1574 on: February 12, 2019, 11:12:32 AM »
Me thinks me smells something in the air.
 :iminnocent:

:tearlaugh: :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Has Jack got his butt in your face?  :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • LabRats
  • Working It
« Reply #1575 on: February 12, 2019, 11:14:14 AM »
Turkey Vultures aren't exactly beautiful birds, at close range they stink like a bloated dog on the highway drying in the sun. I've seen them up close and personal after my brother-in-law caught one in a trap.

If one bites or scratches you and breaks the skin, you're going to the ER for a round of shots for sure! They are about as tall as a wild Turkey but have twice the wingspan unlike the wild Turkey, which is only built for short distance flight.

They are very common here in Southern Ohio and VERY protected. Shoot one and it'll cost ya a $500 fine plus Court costs! They keep the banks of the mighty Ohio River clean and can be seen around the river at any time of day.
 :java:

Offline dRaCX

• Draconis Hominus
  • LabRats
  • Working It
« Reply #1576 on: February 12, 2019, 11:18:57 AM »

Has Jack got his butt in your face?  :tearlaugh: :tearlaugh:

That's my gurl!  :Hi5: Now if we could only teach 'J' the fine art of sarcasm things might be more interesting indeed.
 :java:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Attic Icon
  • Hump-te-dump-te-DUM-dum-dum-dum!
« Reply #1577 on: February 12, 2019, 11:22:44 AM »
You're most welcome McG. I'm glad you liked it and it brought back a memory or two for you. :smiley:

Lol...I can imagine sitting around a fire listening to someone telling a story and she's back off in the woods howling like a wolf or some bird sounds. It could get exciting - LOL.

I recall my maternal grandparents going to Panama City, Florida for a Family Gathering.   My cousin and I, both 6, were going too.  Four adults and two kids in a 64 Ford Fairlane.  Thank goodness for bench seats!   We spent two weeks there, stayed with relatives had a place with some room.  Mind you, it was a old family built sprawling wood on blocks house, no paint, with barn tin roof.   Didn't leak.  Wallpaper was various.  News papers, Sears, Penny, whatever they had that looked alright with the Great great grandparents.   Bathroom was 'outback' of the house.  Daytime saw me and cousin Lynn playing our hearts out.  Hey, it was nice beach sand, some woods with a variety of trees, a little grass.   Evening time, other family showed up.  They were from all over.  This was in 64.   I learned a few names, didn't see any young kids my age.  Older ones, teens like.  And everyone was so tired, welcomed good hot meals and a comfy cool place to sleep.   Those older kids plus me and Lynn were the main reason for the gathering.  The custom was to meet every two years if possible, swap news, meet the younguns, long family visit.  Not exactly a 'reunion'.   Guess it was just for our Family.  Folks stayed as long or short as they wanted to.   I recall two of those trips, and the second one, I was pleased to visit with the kin, listen to all the stories, "sit at the Elders feet and learn."  The things I heard, that we all heard, went to shape lives, Ray. 
Things changed, and folks just stopped doing those gatherings.   Sure wish they had continued.   I reckon that was the old way, before the Telephone became a common thing in almost every home.
I am grateful that I have those experiences and memories.   They were the last of a kind I think.

McG. :grave: :java:

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1578 on: February 12, 2019, 11:25:13 AM »
Aw shucks, it was just the first thing came to mind. You didn't like the flock of birds I sent you?? Gee - wahhh. :sadder:

Can I haz cheese-berder?  :Cup:  :c-cat:

And it felt good!!!

Online sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #1579 on: February 12, 2019, 11:32:37 AM »
I recall my maternal grandparents going to Panama City, Florida for a Family Gathering.   My cousin and I, both 6, were going too.  Four adults and two kids in a 64 Ford Fairlane.  Thank goodness for bench seats!   We spent two weeks there, stayed with relatives had a place with some room.  Mind you, it was a old family built sprawling wood on blocks house, no paint, with barn tin roof.   Didn't leak.  Wallpaper was various.  News papers, Sears, Penny, whatever they had that looked alright with the Great great grandparents.   Bathroom was 'outback' of the house.  Daytime saw me and cousin Lynn playing our hearts out.  Hey, it was nice beach sand, some woods with a variety of trees, a little grass.   Evening time, other family showed up.  They were from all over.  This was in 64.   I learned a few names, didn't see any young kids my age.  Older ones, teens like.  And everyone was so tired, welcomed good hot meals and a comfy cool place to sleep.   Those older kids plus me and Lynn were the main reason for the gathering.  The custom was to meet every two years if possible, swap news, meet the younguns, long family visit.  Not exactly a 'reunion'.   Guess it was just for our Family.  Folks stayed as long or short as they wanted to.   I recall two of those trips, and the second one, I was pleased to visit with the kin, listen to all the stories, "sit at the Elders feet and learn."  The things I heard, that we all heard, went to shape lives, Ray. 
Things changed, and folks just stopped doing those gatherings.   Sure wish they had continued.   I reckon that was the old way, before the Telephone became a common thing in almost every home.
I am grateful that I have those experiences and memories.   They were the last of a kind I think.

I don't think it mattered where our elders lived, they were a doorway to a different time and different ways. Not all of them were good and not all were bad. They were what they were and we all learned from them hopefully. At least all those great old axioms we were all raised on that got immutably stuck in our heads for a lifetime.

Poser and Daz

Click image to go to Daz to read all about the program.

Daz Studio--Free

attic_468x175.jpg