Chat Room

What's Up

vash99

2024 Apr 18 10:21:20
im ok its lingering from the surgery from the surgery

thelufias

2024 Apr 17 10:53:32
Gooooooood Morning EVERYONE....It's Wet Wednesday...

Radkres

2024 Apr 16 02:03:49
O.o Might Talk to the On Call Nurse And Ask about it. :MARILY:

thelufias

2024 Apr 16 10:02:29
Don't let it get out of hand...

vash99

2024 Apr 15 11:30:46
my lower left side is bugging me today

Fafnir

2024 Apr 14 04:49:26
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 11 09:36:15
yeppers :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 11 09:32:52
Always great having a "Good Team" caring for you.

vash99

2024 Apr 10 10:02:05
yeah i am their a good team

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 10 07:24:44
Not sure if it is just us but we used to love a good steak and now when we get one and cook them up...they taste bland no matter what we do to them. WAAA!

thelufias

2024 Apr 09 08:07:08
Good to see them taking good care of you...and you taking care of you.

vash99

2024 Apr 08 09:43:28
got the chemo list today , 2 drugs one pill one iv twice a month

thelufias

2024 Apr 06 06:40:04
Glad you're back...Yup...Moving operating systems is not a good thing...

AngellsGraphics

2024 Apr 05 11:39:42
Glad to be back after my nasty pc crash trying to move my windows to an ssd, got rid of my windows and never transferred.  :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 05 12:16:47
Don't zoom to fast...we still have Dragons flying around

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Fae in Pink © AngellsGraphics

TOTW

Witch of the Westmoreland © Paul

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99214
  • Total Topics: 12298
  • Online Today: 1079
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Enemy of the States  (Read 484 times)

Online parkdalegardener

• Root Master
  • Ranking poster
Enemy of the States
« on: April 24, 2019, 10:25:55 AM »
This is p!ssing me off. I am getting really tired of the Cheezy Poof running things south of the border.

As some of you know I do AI. Google has finally released the Coral. https://coral.withgoogle.com/

I've been waiting for this unit to finally be released to developers. They instead released the product to the general public. Hooray!! $75 American. Fantastic price! Training 100 fps in real time on a Raspberry Pi. Full Tensorflow TPU acceleration that runs on a 5v USB connection. Spectacular!

This is a big deal for machine learning. This allows me to build extremely smart devices in a very small and mobile form factor.

Now; for the point here. As a Canadian I am labeled an enemy of the state. Cheezy Poof's steel and aluminum tariffs require this in order to be put into effect. This also has the added joy of technology restrictions to the enemy. Me apparently. This product cannot be shipped to Canada due to the fact that apparently I may use this item to somehow undermine the US superiority world wide or maybe use it to attack the States.

I am no longer a Google AI developer. I quit this morning. If you want my knowledge and my programming and your country insists that I am out to destroy your way of life; then you better get a new developer. I will not break my NDA or my Non-Compete but I can develop my own stuff as I always have.

To celebrate this wonderful designation I have decided to release a couple of small python utilities into the wild on an "alternate developer" site. The ones that matters the most are target acquisition and lock in real time for any camera enabled drone and the Linux based software that deals with the stream.

This software was being developed for collision avoidance and recognizes just over 1000 daily contact items. It took but an hour to turn this software into similar drone strike technology. The complete code is actually just a few hundred k. and leverages Google's Inception  V4 not yet released to the public. I think V3 is the latest publicly available iteration though I may be wrong. I'm a little ahead of the curve with this stuff.
https://medium.com/@sidereal/cnns-architectures-lenet-alexnet-vgg-googlenet-resnet-and-more-666091488df5

So Cheezy Poof; you get what you want yet again. You label me an enemy of the state. You forbid me from buying a small form factor video card (that's what a Coral actually is) to process video for one of your country's biggest international companies and I am expected to just take it up the a$$ yet again. Nope not happening.

Now before everyone freaks that I am a terrorist and bent on attacking the US, just mellow a minute. I want vent but I'm not blowing up anything. I'm not on top of the CN Tower with a laptop directing a drone strike across the lake. I could. I just want to point out the insanity of this designation and remind people that you get what you sow.

These types of designations have consequences. I vented before about this. I'm a vet. I fought alongside American troops. My friends died fighting in a war started by Americans. We are not the enemy but you sure are making me feel like one. People like me do things for the benefit of us all and it doesn't take much for things to go the other way. My current release is to show that. The original code is commented as are the changes. It takes very little to go to the "Dark Side".

This is just the latest consequence of bullying bombastic bullsh!t and I've had it. Alphabet Inc. just lost my part in the Sidewalk Labs Smart City TO project. This cost me. It's my prime means of support. The damn Cheezy Poof strikes again.https://www.itworldcanada.com/article/whats-ahead-for-sidewalk-labs-community-in-2019/413439

I am now open to be flamed at will.  Homeland security and the paranoid can contact CSIS at this address https://www.canada.ca/en/security-intelligence-service.html if you are worried I'm spreading some type of restricted sh!t you are too stupid to figure out on your own.
Illegitimus non carborundum
don't let the bastards grind you down

Offline OFW

• Victorian Woman
  • Sponsors
  • High Roller
  • The wayward child has returned
Re: Enemy of the States
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 06:22:10 PM »
No flame, no paranoid pointing fingers, only sadness that other American's have chosen not to comment and lend their virtual support.  I, personally, have friends in a number of countries that are now considered "enemies of the state".  I've not had the pleasure, until now, of knowing anything about you.  Regardless, I stand with you and call you friend. 
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw

Offline CalieVee

• SuperCaliefreebeelister
  • 1000 Grand Roller
  • Faeryl Womyn
Re: Enemy of the States
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 03:16:36 PM »
Give them hell Parkdale. A good portion of my family is American and we are to view each other as enemies...Well that idiot is in for a surprise.