Chat Room

What's Up

Fafnir

2024 Mar 28 06:20:23
 :easter5:

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

vash99

2024 Mar 18 09:45:35
the food is overseasoned and they wake u up every two hours to check vitals, blood test , give the occasional tylonol  i got more sleep in one night home last night than four days in the hospital lolon another note i found the fifth incision its a lot longer than the rest and it stings

thelufias

2024 Mar 18 10:49:35
I know what you mean Vash...They wake you up to give you a sleeping pill LOL

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98814
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 1285
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 169967 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #2120 on: February 23, 2021, 07:02:51 PM »
Indeed, someone always want something for nothing. Today was no exception, Spent the first two hours of the morning, making labels for the Federal communications job, go out there and start to apply the labels and :whatthe: is this, they took my cables and plugged them in different ports then what I had been told and when I called them out on it ... all I got was the shrug of the shoulders and oh you got wrong information.
Seriously?

I got it from the PM on Thursday of last week and now on Tuesday this week you claim it is not accurate

:rat-atat:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2121 on: February 25, 2021, 09:01:01 PM »
Well, have seen a meme more then once about, "I am only responsible for what I say, not what you understood."

Boy howdy was on the receiving end of that today. Not certain on the exact wording of what was said but I am certain that I understood something entirely different.

In essence I heard you need to extend a cable for the record audio, what he must of said was you need to move an entire console position and might have to extend the cable for record audio.

What a nightmare it turned out to be for me, yes we had to relocate a console position. What I found out was that when we remodeled and updated the dispatch center over four years ago, that we got carried away with securing all cables in the cable tray.

Only took seven hours to do the move and boy was I ever cranky by the end of it.

Granted it was mostly minor things that kept popping up on a regular basis but methinks it was the lack of understanding as to what was to be done that was my underlying irritant ... and regrettably I have no one to blame on that since I was the one who totally misunderstood the scope of work.

Sure would have been nice to review the quote for the work instead of just hearing it second hand, because ye ole leprechaun tends to leave out details.

And I wound up paying the price.

Granted I completed it despite the system tech acting like the whiner that he is, I have no mouse, is it plugged in, no video I can't see anything and the list goes on ... damn he is worse then me ... and I know I gripe a lot.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #2122 on: February 25, 2021, 09:28:22 PM »
 :ifonly: Are You sure to do not live like this!  :lostme:
Rick and morty 3x06 Rest and Ricklaxation comic con Car scene Uncensored

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #2123 on: February 28, 2021, 05:01:10 AM »
Uhm, guys, that WAS the 'vacation'!   LOL!   :woohoo:   

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2124 on: March 04, 2021, 05:41:18 AM »
How lovely go in for a doctors visit because this damn mask crap is making my life hell, trying to breath, and we are now the proud owner of a breathalyzer ... I mean inhaler ... as a temporary kind of relief. Have 17,256 other tests to do before it gets nailed down to what exactly is causing grief for me.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2125 on: March 06, 2021, 07:28:59 AM »
Boy I tell you the medical system is definitely quite convoluted and nonsensical to say the least. Went to get the x-ray done first and after getting the wrong address which the GPS interpreted as correctly as it could and two more phone calls to finally track the place down and arrive late but still all would have been okay if the power had not went down right before I arrived.

:thud:

Finally did get the x-ray now, scheduling the other test has been nothing but an exercise in futility. First time I got a real person they said they couldn't schedule it because the work order had not come in yet. Really, I can read all the details right here and you can locate it that way ... oh no I have to be able to see the work order.
 :thud:

God grief, so gave them the 24 hours they claimed was needed and tried to call again lo and behold got caught up in the dread all reps are busy helping others loop wait time is longer then five minutes if you , ... blah, blah, blah ...

Still on hold thirty minutes later and then it goes dead ... :ummm: turns out that when 5:00 PM rolls around everything goes dead period :sigh:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #2126 on: March 07, 2021, 11:03:49 AM »
That is SO like The Government sites!!!!

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #2127 on: March 07, 2021, 11:09:47 AM »
You would think that Medical Facilities would at lest have battery back ups in place if not the Server and Back up Tape drives.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2128 on: March 07, 2021, 03:23:41 PM »
I think you misunderstood. I was on hold to schedule an appointment, end of their day arrived and I was disconnected.

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #2129 on: March 07, 2021, 03:32:06 PM »
 :woohoo:  So a Union Job! Got it!  :ifonly:

participial