Fafnir

2024 Apr 14 04:49:26
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 11 09:36:15
yeppers :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 11 09:32:52
Always great having a "Good Team" caring for you.

vash99

2024 Apr 10 10:02:05
yeah i am their a good team

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 10 07:24:44
Not sure if it is just us but we used to love a good steak and now when we get one and cook them up...they taste bland no matter what we do to them. WAAA!

thelufias

2024 Apr 09 08:07:08
Good to see them taking good care of you...and you taking care of you.

vash99

2024 Apr 08 09:43:28
got the chemo list today , 2 drugs one pill one iv twice a month

thelufias

2024 Apr 06 06:40:04
Glad you're back...Yup...Moving operating systems is not a good thing...

AngellsGraphics

2024 Apr 05 11:39:42
Glad to be back after my nasty pc crash trying to move my windows to an ssd, got rid of my windows and never transferred.  :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 05 12:16:47
Don't zoom to fast...we still have Dragons flying around

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 05 11:38:44
Just zooming by saying hello!

Radkres

2024 Apr 03 10:57:19
Most of the Time Was nausea, Lack of Taste, Fatigue, Going to the Bathroom. Etc ...

vash99

2024 Apr 03 10:14:38
so im trying to figure out what to expect during the chemo as for side effects

thelufias

2024 Apr 03 08:46:30
Knock Knock

thelufias

2024 Apr 02 10:50:23
Happy Day After April Fools Day.... :c-cat:

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Fae in Pink © AngellsGraphics

TOTW

Witch of the Westmoreland © Paul

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99117
  • Total Topics: 12297
  • Online Today: 537
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Welcome, and how may I help you?

Come visit with all in here, have some coffee or your favorite beverage, and have loads of fun. The bar staff and keeper are always here to fill your orders. This is our gathering place where we will share greetings, pass secrets, gossip, and enjoy each other's company.  

Jherrith has agreed to fire up the grill on the weekends with some of his tasty specials.....and the COFFEE will always be hot and fresh, especially with Fafnir and his bevy of waitresses.

Coffee Shop, by Zeus Fx

Author Topic: Work entertainment  (Read 171220 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Re: Work entertainment
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 10:36:09 AM »
Update on the VA hospital project.

Well, let us get some prints of what the scope of work is to be, since the real project manager hasn't made any progress guess I had better poke the bear.

Well, got prints that I could read to see what splitters go where, this is slightly important considering that there is no less then eight different flavors of the damn things.

So documented the location of them and then did a count and lo and behold we have one to many of two different splitters and are short two of another, can you say :duh:

Knew you could, well after double checking my count and then the actual items and cross checked with the quote showing what was ordered it was finally proven that yep there is a shortage.

Showed the engineer and he agreed that yep there is a problem and got them ordered.

Oh and let us not forget that all of the indoor antennas have not yet arrived and no one has followed up on that line item either.

Now as far as I am concerned someone owes me a case, preferably two, at the very least of some Sawanotsura Deluxe :sake:

One for doing his job and two for doing his job, and oh by the way did I mention doing his job .....

Even had to prod him along to get a truck with lift gate rented for next week so we can get all of the material delivered to the site.
The good news is that at long last I can return the original set of antennas that were used on the project. :yippee: They would have been fine if one wanted to talk to the coast but not so good for talking into the building. Case in point these monsters are 8" in diameter and 14 foot tall omni-directional.

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 10:44:02 AM »
Made a phone call on the way home last night to the "project manager" and made a couple of comments on the project. Later in the conversation he made the point that ye ole shop manager has the memory of a lower rod bearing.

Apparently I was to go on a service call today and swap out a repeater.

Surprise I am on PTO today and tomorrow, plus the next two week.

Funny thing is that this is on the calendar work board and he saw it before he decide to try and use up his PTO

Like I said memory like a dromedary, or was that a lower rod bearing.

:tearlaugh:

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 10:55:05 AM »
Well, got out to the hospital and installed the new system. Actually got the other two to do all of the work I just supervised since they need to start getting up to speed as there is going to be a lot more hospital projects just like this one for all campuses.

This one just done, well still waiting on them to give us the IP address for the router so we can turn it on, is number three out of ten.

So they need to get an education and fast.

As in addition to that there is also a DAS install for each of the sites which is separate from the TrBo upgrades.

No less then another seven site upgrades and right now we have a PO for the DAS install for about four of the sites already

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 11:03:22 AM »
Trick question time.

If you just did a site walk and wanted a copy of the drawings and you had a link to them, but they are in CAD format what would you do?

1): Call me and ask for them in PDF

2): Go on the web and find a free program to be able to read and convert them.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 02:34:54 PM »
If I'm lazy, I'm trying to ask you for a PDF if I can't read a CAD immediately. :tearlaugh:  But that is if you are available and not in a long weekend  :ifonly:
Or if I haven't right to install a program alone on the machine - that in my peculiar case happened at job one. Had to call the company who sent the document for having another format.

Now if the machine can accept a new program without authorizations and help of somebody else, and the site is known to be sure, a search is trully faster... and will serve for next possibly CAD :shrug:
Check FRM for great products

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2019, 11:18:49 AM »
Now we are talking

Nestle's foray into the flavored Kit Kat is a big success here in Japan. With a variety of wonderful chocolate flavors and the trademark crispy wafer, Kit-Kat has already become one of the favorite chocolate bars in Japan. Now Kit-Kat has gone the extra mile bringing to you this limited edition Kit Kat that's ready for the picking. Here is the Japanese Sake limited edition Kit Kat coming to you in a decorative gift box that's perfect for collectors. Enjoy a fun and delicious taste from Japan.

Important: These Kit Kats contain alcohol so they should not be consumed by children.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2019, 11:31:43 AM »
Well, it is becoming more and more obvious that we have way to many people higher up on the food chain that are complete idiots ... yes that is not a surprise .. so don't fret that I have been willfully blind all this time.

Fun times are ahead no doubt, went back to the university to see about my testing of the DAS for what sort of padding we would need so we do not over saturate the system.

Well, step one fun, could only see one of the remotes. :ummm:

:whatthe:

Turns out after further testing that they did the fiber wrong, I asked for two fibers one from each remote as a dedicated home run. I got only one fiber and they fused it as a combined link which is not what we asked for and no it will not work in that fashion.

Next fun part was actually my fault ... gasp ... I admit to making an error in the installation ... yes I own up to my foibles including the fact that this is the first time I installed this product line. So, things are possible to be overlooked.

Reason being is that I was trying to commission the UHF portion of the system and was unable to do so, research revealed that there was a cable missing between the two devices. Found the cable at the office and when I went back to install it. I was able to see both of the UHF modules granted only one at a time, until they get the fiber link fixed that is, so on a holding pattern once more.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2019, 11:52:17 AM »
This one is amusing, the repair that I was supposed to go on, during the time I was on PTO was postponed until I got back to work, imagine that ... not sure why that would be ... any rate went there with the other TrBo tech and lo and behold the system was working properly.

The funny part is the state of the install:
1) Sub-par grounding, in other words the ground is attached to building steel, however ... no paint was scrapped off of it at all.
2) Insufficient ballast on the non-penetrating roof sled. Five concrete blocks instead of the standard eight
3) Mast pipe is made out of get this, sprinkler pipe typically used for fire suppression. Twenty feet straight up, less then four feet of separation between the two antennas on it and with at least a 20° tilt to the right.
4) No support on roof for the cables to prevent it being a trip hazard.
5) No grounding of the mast or the lines on the roof.

Two derelict repeaters were found in another room, that were unplugged, which turns out to have been the root of the service call.
Why, simple really they had the same freqs, in them as the other repeaters that we found. So with both sets having been on, created interference with the portables not know which system to affiliate to, apparently someone had plugged them in without realizing what they were for and that they had been decommissioned.

When someone came back around to and unplugged them the problem went away.

Rather a dangerous scenario to be in the middle of, one would think.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2019, 11:57:13 AM »
Went on a field trip to our other favorite spot over an hour away to do inventory on received material for the next upgrade.

While there we also looked at a case that was called into the NOC, after further investigation and questions. We find out the point of contact had turned off a device. He only just turned it back on the day before we arrived, lo and behold, the alarm had already cleared.

:sigh: Sort of proves the point if you do not know what the hell you are doing ... leave it alone.

Offline rrkknight3

• Sir Knight
  • Attic Icon
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2019, 11:57:26 AM »
I have been know to take diagonal cutters to the power cords on items such as those "decommissioned" ones.   :haha:

participial