Chat Room

What's Up

vash99

2024 Apr 18 10:21:20
im ok its lingering from the surgery from the surgery

thelufias

2024 Apr 17 10:53:32
Gooooooood Morning EVERYONE....It's Wet Wednesday...

Radkres

2024 Apr 16 02:03:49
O.o Might Talk to the On Call Nurse And Ask about it. :MARILY:

thelufias

2024 Apr 16 10:02:29
Don't let it get out of hand...

vash99

2024 Apr 15 11:30:46
my lower left side is bugging me today

Fafnir

2024 Apr 14 04:49:26
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 11 09:36:15
yeppers :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 11 09:32:52
Always great having a "Good Team" caring for you.

vash99

2024 Apr 10 10:02:05
yeah i am their a good team

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 10 07:24:44
Not sure if it is just us but we used to love a good steak and now when we get one and cook them up...they taste bland no matter what we do to them. WAAA!

thelufias

2024 Apr 09 08:07:08
Good to see them taking good care of you...and you taking care of you.

vash99

2024 Apr 08 09:43:28
got the chemo list today , 2 drugs one pill one iv twice a month

thelufias

2024 Apr 06 06:40:04
Glad you're back...Yup...Moving operating systems is not a good thing...

AngellsGraphics

2024 Apr 05 11:39:42
Glad to be back after my nasty pc crash trying to move my windows to an ssd, got rid of my windows and never transferred.  :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 05 12:16:47
Don't zoom to fast...we still have Dragons flying around

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Fae in Pink © AngellsGraphics

TOTW

Witch of the Westmoreland © Paul

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99224
  • Total Topics: 12298
  • Online Today: 634
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Poser 11.2 -- The NEW Poser :(  (Read 21048 times)

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
Re: Poser 11.2 -- The NEW Poser :(
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2019, 11:29:00 PM »

Thank you for your reply G3D.

I suspected it was the S-M to Bondware stuff mostly. And I'm wondering why it's not possible to use something like Notepad ++ to search on the text and find where it says "Smith-Micro" and change it (CNTRL H) to "Bondware" in one operation instead of picking through things a little at a time each day. Perhaps I don't understand all that is involved there, but the Development team should be able to do that and catch most if not all of that stuff. Shouldn't they?
I would have thought so as well, but it's turning out to be much more effort than I expected.  SM references are well hidden in error messages as well as those we see every day.
As for the documentation, that's a different group than the programmers, and a whole nother can of worms.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2019, 11:34:17 PM »
Goodness. Nothing's ever easy, is it? That would make it too.....easy!  You have my sympathies there, G3D :peek:

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2019, 12:03:48 AM »
Poser is no longer a little program, for sure.   Using the US English version, I had no problem at all with the Bondware version.   It seems to rather enjoy being in its new location. 
C:\Program Files\BondWare\Poser Pro 11    :yippee:

All the nightly build installers have behaved as desired.   And PP 11.2 seems to have no problem picking up and using all the scripts I use.   Have not tested ALL the scripts, but one of the easiest to befoul would be the DSON Importer for Poser.   And, as it's set up, going great so far!

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2019, 02:12:43 AM »
Poser is no longer a little program, for sure.   Using the US English version, I had no problem at all with the Bondware version.   It seems to rather enjoy being in its new location. 
C:\Program Files\BondWare\Poser Pro 11    :yippee:

All the nightly build installers have behaved as desired.   And PP 11.2 seems to have no problem picking up and using all the scripts I use.   Have not tested ALL the scripts, but one of the easiest to befoul would be the DSON Importer for Poser.   And, as it's set up, going great so far!

Glad it's working for you so far. I have to wait until the 16th, because I didn't get it until after June 1st. Did you install Wilddial's utility too? Yes, it probably does work due to the fact of La Femme and PE both having the extra facial morphs.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2019, 02:18:45 AM »
Eh, I don't think it's been a 'little program' ever. The learning curve on it has always been fairly high for a program that isn't 3DS Max, Maya (which you have to go to school for), Z-Brush, or even Blender. It did start getting bigger at PP 2010.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2019, 06:30:17 AM »
I don't call a little program a program able to help you to rig your own characters and clothes for example.
Check FRM for great products

Offline McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2019, 02:02:06 PM »
You can create models, rig and even animate them in MilkShape3D.   You can even do minor renders in it.  But MilkShape IS a low poly modeler, and a very compact program.  Poser was never meant to do what even MilkShape does, as a mesh modeler.   
I saw Poser Pro Pak (Poser IV?), and didn't like it.   Then Poser 5 came out and I was still happily dawdling around with an old DS beta.   Poser WAS "small" back then.   Its popularity has soared since Poser 6 came out.  I suppose I meant something about the size of  its user base, rather than the size of the software itself.
Poser, in this sense, is a lot bigger now.

Offline Aelin

• Great Priestess of the corridors
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • archaeologist-cheerleader of Attic
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2019, 02:13:14 PM »
Until your message, I even didn't know MilkShape3D :panic:  But it's probably useful if you need low poly figures for the backgrounds of huge scenes - like town scenes.

In fact, when I heard for Poser, it was indirectly by somebody in France making "posers", in fact png of characters. She said "posers", but they were made in Daz. I took Daz3 just before DS4 came out, but always kept an eye on Poser, being sorry to not have it. Lights in freebies were often for Poser and badly working in Daz; so many good textures were in mc5 or mc6 (and I didn't know I could change them for pz2 at the epoch)... and the dynamics! A lot of outfits were in dynamics and I couldn't use them with DS3 of course.
I fact, I had the feeling to be a step behind everyone in 3D community because I couldn't do all I wanted :tearlaugh:
DS4 made some good steps on creations inside like Poser. But it's still too greedy for the system of my computer, that's the problem. But it's another point everyone knows from me now :psycho:

Being back to Poser 11 and the update. I almost count days before the beginning of the update, even if I always want to wait several days before to take it.
Check FRM for great products

Offline OFW

• Victorian Woman
  • Sponsors
  • High Roller
  • The wayward child has returned
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2019, 03:48:18 PM »
Has anyone had any glitches in the dynamics with last nights release?  I was tinkering around with LeFemme and the stuff that comes in package...Could not get Tipole's outfit to work at all when I tried to set up an extreme pose (yes, I intentionally did an extreme pose, to test the system) ...polys kept breaking.  Then I tried OOT's LeChemise..and during the simulation, it ran beautifully...looked like it was going to be great, but when it finished I got this...Have I forgotten to do something or has something changed in the dynamic simulator?

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2019, 09:24:45 PM »
Has anyone had any glitches in the dynamics with last nights release?  I was tinkering around with LeFemme and the stuff that comes in package...Could not get Tipole's outfit to work at all when I tried to set up an extreme pose (yes, I intentionally did an extreme pose, to test the system) ...polys kept breaking.  Then I tried OOT's LeChemise..and during the simulation, it ran beautifully...looked like it was going to be great, but when it finished I got this...Have I forgotten to do something or has something changed in the dynamic simulator?

I don't know the answer regarding if something's changed in the dynamic simulator, except to say that evidently these additional figures were added that weren't there before.

And these are going to sound like stupid questions but I have to ask. You did pick La Femme as your target to morph to, yes? Are there instructions for the Cloth Room simulation settings and you used those? Without knowing exactly what you did, it would be hard for anyone to guess, OFW. It could be that something in the simulator isn't working right with the new figures (?). Did you try with Pauline or V4 and what happened there? We know V4 works in there, so you might want to test with her and see what happens? That's all I can suggest at this point.