Chat Room

What's Up

Fafnir

2024 Mar 28 06:20:23
 :easter5:

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

vash99

2024 Mar 18 09:45:35
the food is overseasoned and they wake u up every two hours to check vitals, blood test , give the occasional tylonol  i got more sleep in one night home last night than four days in the hospital lolon another note i found the fifth incision its a lot longer than the rest and it stings

thelufias

2024 Mar 18 10:49:35
I know what you mean Vash...They wake you up to give you a sleeping pill LOL

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98813
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 1244
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Runtime Question  (Read 5116 times)

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
Runtime Question
« on: May 03, 2014, 03:26:01 PM »
It is getting to that point where my original categories and sorting is starting to be less organized and more cluttered.

Case in point all the clothing that fits V4, A4, G4 currently I have them sorted by the character that I would use it on by default.

However that is starting to be problematic, considering the thought of one folder for all the universal clothing but broke down by type, warrior, naughty, swimwear, and so forth.

Does that sound logical?

I would think the characters can be in their own folders for morphs and textures and anything that is unique for them only.

Would hold true for Cookie, Near_Me, Sadie, Mavka and so forth,

... still sound reasonable?

All the animals is fairly simple as to a species type and then one big one for all the Songbird Remix products. Same is probably true for the botanical stuff.

Now for the real problem ... props.

So how would one break that down, we have multiple styles of buildings. From Asian, gothic bits, Steampunk, dungeons and the list goes on. What about vehicles ... and so forth.

Any thoughts on names for categories and breakdown of content for a more organized and user friendly runtime.

Thought about by vendor name but hell I am lucky to remember my name on certain days of the century ... :zipit: I so did not say that out loud .... did I?

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: Runtime Question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 04:16:43 PM »
Can't help you there, as I have everything in one Runtime library. Then again, I only use M4 and V4.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 04:25:58 PM »
Darn if I did that it would take forever and a century for Poser to load and one would never be able to find anything in that jumble.

What about the idea on breaking down the clothing? Thoughts, refinements, yes, no?

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 04:42:59 PM »
Really, as long as you keep them in their proper original folders you can make all the different libraries you want. Just don't go renaming their folders or things won't load and you'll have to go look for them and apply them manually.

Yeah, it does take a long time for Poser to load my Pose library in particular. I don't like the way it loads since PP 2012 - you have to open the library or it doesn't load until you do. It all just used to load. It took a little longer but at least when you opened the library it was loaded.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 04:50:14 PM »
Well, that is the beauty of individual runtimes.

With multiple runtimes for each character,  as mentioned when you open Poser it is only loading the last open runtime which enables it to open quicker.

And once open I can switch to any other runtime with no delay or resource drain, as it is only trying to read that one runtime not my entire collection which in my case as I am sure in yours is measured in GB ....

Instead of the one massive runtime in which you have to wait on the entire runtime to load before Poser will open.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 04:56:06 PM »
What version are you using? Poser opens with PP2012 and PP2014, but then you have to wait for the runtime library you want to load.

One thing I did that at least allows me to plop my character in there is I made a .pz3 file with M4 injected and one with V4 injected and I just import those files into the opening scene, then save them to whatever I want to be. It saves a little time. You'll get duplicate lights though doing it that way. Just reload the lights you want. THEN, I have to wait for the morphs in the Pose library to load - LOL. Really, you can do the same thing with each character or specifically morphed characters.

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 05:02:05 PM »
We are in Poser 9 at the moment.

I too in my DAZ people folder for V4 we have a default character of V4 with all morphs loaded to give me a one click loading. Yes, it takes a bit for her to load due to loading the full set of morphs but it is better then doing it every single time.

I have the same default starting point for all my main characters created and saved. So we are on that same page as thee.

Granted I even replaced the lighting on them before we saved it out so I have a starting point for decent lighting already loaded with each character.

Online Radkres

• The Rad Hatter
  • Attic Icon
  • "Nullius in verba"
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 05:54:15 PM »
Well You could go
Character Runtime
Make sub directories that describe what is inside
So under pose you would have Skin / Hair / Shoe / Dress / Props / Environment
You could have those under each Separate Runtime
The major problem is the more complex to you break it up the more You have to dig to remember where you put stuff and who made what.
Example I have all My V4 Stuff under one runtime
I have all my Environments under another
All My Vehicles in another
if I get some thing that goes to multiple figures I duplicate it to all the figures it goes to and delete the extra for other characters in that runtime.
I guess you could just make a Runtime that goes V4 Dresses
But  So far the V4 main Would have a Dress sub in each then shoe Etc...
O.o  :thud:

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2021, 05:44:05 AM »
I just found this thread.
I ran into the organizing problem real quick with Poser.   DS and the CMS would be an absolute poop slinging nightmare for anyone with OCD's for neatness or counting.  GAH!I SO prefer the neat organization the Poser NEEDS.   Easy to get along with.
Props, if it moves...3D Work TRANSPORT which is the base folder in the drives ROOT, I have 42 of these now.  Then, in each Library category of Transport, simple groups like Aircraft, Autos, Military, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Space, Utility, Vessels-
-Runtime
---Libraries   
----Character     
------Aircraft  (real planes)
------Autos    (real automobiles)
------Military  (real tanks, guns, etc)
------Sci-Fi Fantasy  (FICTION like Star Trek, Star Wars, etc!------Space   (real like Hubble, Apollo, Planets)
------Utility    (trains tractors roadwork and construction equipment)
------Vessels (real boats, ships, submarines)-
Now do same for Camera, Face, Hair, Hand, Light, Materials, Morphs, Pose, Props, Scene (if and as needed).
Character, Light, Pose, Props and Scene are the most needed.
Then I have a runtime called THINGS, Places (a, b, c and d!), Plants are obviously needed.   Then I DO have a few vendor named Runtimes.  One for Birdman,  DM, Redhouse, Stonemason.    I mean hey, anything that has some 100 items or MORE really needs its own runtime, the way I see it.    then the MAJOR Figures, like A3, Kids4, M4, V4, DAZ People, Poser People, Other People, Terai Yuki 2, Centaurs, Animals.  Yep.   OH then there are V4 Characters 1, 2.  V4 Clothes 1, 2 and 3.  LaFemme.    All HAIR is in its own Runtime and each Library Category has vendor named folders first with Hair named folders next.
I hope some of these ideas can be helpful to someone else.   I am sure everyone will develop their very own filing system for all their content.  Just like in your own personal library.   

No Two People Think Alike!  and this dam editro skusc !!!!

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2021, 06:38:47 AM »
Haven't mess much with the topic since I first posted. Thinking my best bet is going to be to buy a large external and transfer all zips and so forth and then sort it out on there and refine the sorting of, then finally build a runtime based on the sort job.

Then the dreaded delete said runtime on Stormbringer and install the new and improved one. Most likely will have to move any current project off as all of the previous associations would be broken at that point.

Definitely leaning towards having vendor specific runtimes as I have been browsing to buy and can't tell if I already have it and if so where did I install it especially if it is for all iterations of V4

participial