Fafnir

2024 Apr 14 04:49:26
 :havesum:

vash99

2024 Apr 11 09:36:15
yeppers :c-cat:

thelufias

2024 Apr 11 09:32:52
Always great having a "Good Team" caring for you.

vash99

2024 Apr 10 10:02:05
yeah i am their a good team

DarkAngel

2024 Apr 10 07:24:44
Not sure if it is just us but we used to love a good steak and now when we get one and cook them up...they taste bland no matter what we do to them. WAAA!

thelufias

2024 Apr 09 08:07:08
Good to see them taking good care of you...and you taking care of you.

vash99

2024 Apr 08 09:43:28
got the chemo list today , 2 drugs one pill one iv twice a month

thelufias

2024 Apr 06 06:40:04
Glad you're back...Yup...Moving operating systems is not a good thing...

AngellsGraphics

2024 Apr 05 11:39:42
Glad to be back after my nasty pc crash trying to move my windows to an ssd, got rid of my windows and never transferred.  :havesum:

thelufias

2024 Apr 05 12:16:47
Don't zoom to fast...we still have Dragons flying around

Pommerlis

2024 Apr 05 11:38:44
Just zooming by saying hello!

Radkres

2024 Apr 03 10:57:19
Most of the Time Was nausea, Lack of Taste, Fatigue, Going to the Bathroom. Etc ...

vash99

2024 Apr 03 10:14:38
so im trying to figure out what to expect during the chemo as for side effects

thelufias

2024 Apr 03 08:46:30
Knock Knock

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Fae in Pink © AngellsGraphics

TOTW

Witch of the Westmoreland © Paul

Monthly Contest Winner ~ March
~Dungeons and Dragons~

1st Place:

The new Cleric by Dreamer

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 99117
  • Total Topics: 12297
  • Online Today: 543
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Change mc6 in pz2  (Read 2964 times)

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
Re: Change mc6 in pz2
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 02:30:13 PM »
So if I understand this correctly, if the item I created a mc6 file for has a cr2 file, then I replace mtlcollection with figure, and if the item is a prop, then I would replace it with actor $CURRENT? I just want to make sure as it has been 2+ years since I've played in Poser Pro 2014 and now I am learning Poser 11, lol.

Regarding the item that has a .cr2 file or an .obj file in Geometries, it depends on if you want it to load with a certain texture when it loads. That or those textures that you want to load with it should be in the Materials folder of the Libraries for that.

But, if you also want to make that default texture an option in your Pose Mats Library folder, then you would copy it and change the word *mtlcollection* to the word *figure* (and change your version down if need be to like 7.0 or 9.0 for SSS) and Save it as a .pz2 file.

You would repeat the process for each of the other sets of textures you created that you want in the Pose Mats Library folder as choices to use. Character skins should always either be in the Pose Mats Library with the Morphs, or some leave them in the Materials folder in the Libraries. It's up to you. Leaving it in the Materials is really more correct in Poser, but because of DAZ, everyone is used to looking in the Pose Library for the Mats/Materials. It's your choice though. But if you do that, then it's nice to leave a little Note in the Pose Library folder for the product and tell them to look in the Materials Library. Saves frustration. :winks:

As for you question about Prop textures. It's the same thing with what you want it to load with and if you want to leave the prop textures in the Materials or the Pose folders as .pz2s. Prop textures really should be left as Materials and not Pose Mats. But where part of an outfit is a prop and not a .cr2 - again, that's your call but you can make .pz2s Pose Mats of the Props. But, what's the point, if you're over in props anyway? Just go to Materials? That's my preference though.

The "actor $CURRENT" thing is for parenting props to hands or whatever, and unfortunately that doesn't seem to work any more in the Python version they're using in P11 and PP11. :-s That version of Python's scripting library is blank as far as that goes, and NO ONE knows what the code is *for anything created in P11 or PP11* (only at this point). Not even PhilC or Snarly. You can only do that in PP2014 on down to I think P9?? I don't recall the lower cut-off there where "actor $CURRENT" kicked in as an option.

Hope I didn't confuse you. Ask if I did hon.   

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 02:33:26 PM »

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 02:36:27 PM »
I think you're thinking DAZ, Aelin and BQ's talking Poser. ???

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 02:37:58 PM »
Unless Poser changed that in 11? I don't have 11, I should say here. She does - Aelin.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 02:40:20 PM »
Or, are we talking universal textures that apply to anything. I think then the .ppz would be the "actor $CURRENT". I would have to look at Parrot Dolphin's textures, if I can see them...aren't encrypted. I think they are though.

Offline butterflyqueen

• Sponsors
  • Taking Root
    • Mythical Butterfly Design Studio
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 03:27:30 PM »
I am just now learning how to texture with only seamless tiles loaded in the material room, no templates or creating textures from the vendors files, but rather creating my own seamless tiles in FilterForge 5, then brining those images into the material room in Poser and applying said texture image to anything from clothing to props and hopefully soon characters, but what you mentioned about ppz's, that's a whole nother lesson for another day as that topic totally has me spinning in circles, lol

Offline butterflyqueen

• Sponsors
  • Taking Root
    • Mythical Butterfly Design Studio
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 03:44:22 PM »
Or, are we talking universal textures that apply to anything. I think then the .ppz would be the "actor $CURRENT". I would have to look at Parrot Dolphin's textures, if I can see them...aren't encrypted. I think they are though.
I just looked, and you are correct! actor $CURRENT would make the mat file apply it to anything using the created mat file, but pd saves the files as mc6 files, at least the ones I have purchased from pd are mc6 files, no pz2 or ppz

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 03:46:33 PM »
Okay, so you're basically doing what Parrot Dolphin did with her textures. Hers 'can' be used as an MR, but when you use them and create your own from them (your seamless tile and colors, settings, etc, not hers) you still end up saving them as an .mc6 mtlcollection. So really whatever's easiest.

Here's what she did in the top of her files (PD). You can open them in Notepad ++ and look at them to see how she did it - if you have any of her materials for Poser.

{

version
   {
   number 7
   }
actor $CURRENT
   {
   material cloth

Those are .mt5's by the way.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 03:49:07 PM »
Hmmm, let me look at a different set and see if they're .mc6s.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 03:54:02 PM »
All the ones I have are .mt5s. Those are a Poser only format.