Chat Room

What's Up

Fafnir

2024 Mar 28 06:20:23
 :easter5:

vash99

2024 Mar 27 10:19:38
yeah well at least the chemo my doctor suggested is a lot less harsh than when my mom had it

Radkres

2024 Mar 26 10:42:06
I Hope You Come up Negative on Cancer! Chemo is no Fun!  :3flower;

vash99

2024 Mar 26 10:14:09
i did the doctor was slightly concerned but its already fading i go back to work next week with limitations and a referral to an oncologist for blood work and possible chemo

thelufias

2024 Mar 26 12:06:16
Any bruising should be reported to your Doctor if you didn't know how it got there.

vash99

2024 Mar 23 11:02:10
i do im always walking around this part of town it helps but yesterday i saw a big bruise on my abdomen its already fading but it caught me off guard

Radkres

2024 Mar 22 12:27:16
Reminder Do Your Home Work Too! Do Not Be My Aunt Who Does nothing unless they are standing There!  :hug:

thelufias

2024 Mar 22 09:20:19
That's a good thing vash...they push you...but it's worth it in the end.

vash99

2024 Mar 21 09:34:30
im going to msc in olive branch this weekend for me its physical therapy

thelufias

2024 Mar 21 04:14:51
Snow Tomorrow....we shall see....if not....we won't see

vash99

2024 Mar 19 09:59:20
 :havesum:

Fafnir

2024 Mar 19 05:36:57
 :toast:

Pommerlis

2024 Mar 19 04:54:08
Renovating is hard work!

vash99

2024 Mar 18 09:45:35
the food is overseasoned and they wake u up every two hours to check vitals, blood test , give the occasional tylonol  i got more sleep in one night home last night than four days in the hospital lolon another note i found the fifth incision its a lot longer than the rest and it stings

thelufias

2024 Mar 18 10:49:35
I know what you mean Vash...They wake you up to give you a sleeping pill LOL

Attic Donations

Link to the thread

All donations are greatly needed, appreciated, and go to the Attic/Realms Server fees and upkeep

Thank you so much.

Vote for site! 2024

Vote for our site daily by CLICKING this image:

Then go here: to post your vote
Awards are emailed when goals are reached:
Platinum= 10,000 votes
Silver= 2,500 votes
Bronze= 1,000 votes
Pewter= 300 votes
Copper= 100 Votes

Featured Art

Weekly Winners

Click images to view

SAOTW

Das Mäuschen © Lienchen

TOTW

Metallica / Lethal Injection (TGIF) © oldeekdog

Monthly Contest Winner ~ February
~Space Fantasy~

1st Place:

R01 Nebula Patrol Flight by Agent0013

Weekly Winners Prizes

3 Items from Sponsors Showcase

1 prize from Fantasies Realm Market

:grenade:

Change you look!

Members
  • Total Members: 244
  • Latest: Jammixx
Stats
  • Total Posts: 98813
  • Total Topics: 12309
  • Online Today: 1084
  • Online Ever: 3845
  • (September 15, 2023, 06:21:15 AM)
Users Online

Giveaway of the Day

Giveaway of the Day

Author Topic: Poser 11.2 -- The NEW Poser :(  (Read 20873 times)

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
  • Recipient of "Grumpy Old Man" award.
Re: Poser 11.2 -- The NEW Poser :(
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2019, 03:35:26 AM »
I use both PP 2014 and PP 11.1.   
PP 11.1 coughs up a few issues that PP 2014 does not, so I run 2014 most of the time, and 11 for LaFemme.

I am pretty sure TheLufias is spot on,  Rendo would be committing suicide if they start charging for updates.   Nice thing:   Jenn Blake made it pretty clear that current owners of PP 11 will not be paying for the updates.   I am sure we can all see being charged for a full version UPGRADE, but not the in-version updates.   So, at the worst, this 'must have' changeover update is free to current owners of PP 11.

Here is something nobody is mentioning.   IF you have PP 11 runnable right now, and disconnect that machine from all networking, it will run regardless of the changeover update.   But if you connect to the internet, and Poser 11 happens to be running, well you're probably gonna be stuck with having to update it then.   Just saying.

Jenn Blake also said we can expect an online store INSIDE Poser 11 plus a lite version of LaFemme to come with this new update.   If Poser begins to require being online while it runs, well it isn't going to be run that much.  I doubt it's likely to be made a requirement for Poser to RUN.  But to access the 'store' feature, it obviously will.   Not sure I like the thought of paying for things through Poser though.  We'll have to wait and see about that bit. 

Also, I spoke to something that a lot of people I know from around the community really want to see pretty bad.   See, lots of people like Poser, the interface, feel its way easier to use than that other thing, and comes WITH stuff built in the other thing makes you pay for.  BUT, Poser does not handle Genesis+ Figures and DS only assets *natively*.   Well, that is what lots of people want.   So I spoke to that issue in the comments there in the "Three Things You Need To Know About Poser" article because I also would love to see that in Poser.    It seems the entire "Comments" part has vanished from that article now.  At least for me it did.

To end;  The BIG THING at the moment seems to be some people thinking Rendo will be charging for the update coming Sept 16.  Nope.  Not gonna happen.  They will not charge existing PP 11 owners for the update.

I also saw a User concerned about Rendo possibly using a subscription model.  Jenn said Nope, not happening.    So, all is cool in the realm thus far.  :)

Online thelufias

• The Sane One
  • Administrator
  • Reckoning Force
  • Straight Jackets are FREE
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2019, 01:47:04 PM »
I'll have to wait on the "Early Update"   It doesn't come out till the 4th of Sept and I'll be preoccupied LOLOL.....I'm in no hurry anyway.....

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2019, 10:57:00 AM »
Dan,  at our age and condition, I think it does us well to just relax and take it easy on our way through the "Stuff" we have to endure occasionally.   Life is better that way!

I signed up for the 'early adopter' bit.   I know how  to scrub it and reinstall earlier versions if need be.   Even if 11 does stop working because of some kink, I still have PP 2014 running!   :D

Offline OFW

• Victorian Woman
  • Sponsors
  • High Roller
  • The wayward child has returned
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2019, 06:11:42 PM »
Aelin, I am thinking flash 9

CB, I think they said 10+ and to me that would include  2014, I think that was like 10 Pro at that time.

I hate that those of us that have had it for ages and can supply our SN number should get the provided upgrade for free, after all, they purchased it as is, are making it better but the only changes are for licenses. Those of us with the ability to get the other items too should not be "punished" especially since the other items are not included with this upgrade.

Poser Pro 11 <-- included
Queue Manager <--not sure

The following not included:
Poser Fusion 11 Cinema 4D
Poser Fusion 11 LightWave
Poser Fusion 11 MAX
Poser Fusion 11 MAYA

They sent the first roll out today, already having issues because not all of the upgrade codes came over from SM so they are furiously working on roll out 2, hopefully before the night is out.  I had just finished downloading when I got the email so I'll wait for the next roll before I install...I upgraded right before I dropped out of sight for school..so I'm in the upgrade code loop.
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2019, 06:19:25 PM »
I am going to wait till tomorrow before I try anything

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

Online Fafnir

• Barmaid Wrangler
  • Staff
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2019, 08:03:02 PM »
most like i will re download the files again

Offline Glitterati3D

• Garden Gnome
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2019, 12:02:05 PM »
Hi folks!  Just a lowly beta tester of Renderosity's Poser update, but I wanted to drop in and clarify a few things.
First, this update is just like any old Service Release - free, and just some program changes, not a huge jump in the software.
It just happens that this is a big, huge, lots of changes SR.  But they are all necessary to complete the switchover from SM to Bondware/Renderosity.
So far, everything looks great and we're just waiting for feedback from the early adopters to make certain we've got everything ready for the big switchover.
Holler if you have any questions.  I'll be sure to check in.

Offline sidherose

• Attic Cookie Monster
  • Reckoning Force
  • Evidently, I speak Mandarin........
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2019, 12:07:04 PM »
The Early Adopters are meant to help Beta test and check for problems. It's not going to be ready (presumably) or finalized until September 16th, when it will be officially released (maybe).

If you do not want to be a Beta tester and you do not wish to keep re-downloading the updates each day, then wait until the 16th to download it - or whenever they say it's ready.

See Glitterati3D's post above. She is Beta testing and they're finding little issues that need to be fixed to update from S-M to Bondware. Everything that says "Smith-Micro" has to be changed to "Bondware".

Online McGrandpa

• Sir McG
  • Reckoning Force
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2019, 08:22:17 AM »
YUP!  What Ray said.   New build every night by 10 pm!  :D

Online Jherrith

• Doctor of the Attic
  • Reckoning Force
  • Kianna will see you now
    • Jherriths Lair
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2019, 09:59:51 AM »
Well installed it last night on the main system that I use to talk with you lot and the removal of the original and the subsequent update went smoothly with no hiccups.

Have not yet ran it on Stormbringer but will probably wait until the new version is released and vetted on this machine before I do so but as mentioned it got set up on this one with nary a problem. Ran a random render of the Mil Dragon and all looks fine

"But who is stronger, truly, I asked myself, he who continues to wound and bleed himself to please others, or he who refuses any longer to do so?"

Fighting Slave of Gor by John Norman

participial